Apple pie filling sandwiched between tender cinnamon rolls held together with a gooey brown sugar glaze. This Apple Pie Monkey bread is the perfect breakfast for a special occasion. Who needs a special occasion? This decadent monkey bread is perfect anytime ! I feel like I have made this 556 times , ok a little exaggeration on my part. When I was developing and tweaking this recipe I made it three times, which is pretty normal. Baking time needed adjusting and techniques and photographs taken. My SD card that stores all of my photos literally fell apart and all of my photos were lost. I quickly remade several of my recipes that the photos were lost to but this one was the one I really didn’t mind making over again. Just the smell of it baking is intoxicating .
Let’s Make Apple Pie Monkey Bread!
Supplies Needed :
- 3 cans of regular cinnamon rolls(8 serving size cans)
- 1 can of apple pie filling
- Brown Sugar and Granulated sugar
- Cinnamon (I recommend Siagon Cinnamon)
- Non stick cooking spray
- Measuring spoons and cups-This is my new favorite Set
- small sauce pan
- Bundt Pan-click here for the one I use
Start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and spray a bundt pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl pour the apple pie filling in it and run a sharp knife through it and cut the apples in small pieces. Set aside for later.
Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl or ziplock bag. Open the cinnamon rolls and reserve the icing for later. Then cut all of the cinnamon rolls into four pieces. Coat the cinnamon rolls in the sugar mixture and discard what is left of the sugar mixture.
Place 1/3 of the quartered cinnamon rolls in the bundt pan the Layer half of the diced apples on top of that. Next add another 1/3 of the cinnamon roll fourths and top than with the other half of the apples. The last of the cinnamon rolls will be on top.
In a small sauce pan melt the butter and add the brown sugar and cinnamon and keep on medium heat until it starts to bubble. Pour the hot mixture evenly over the cinnamon roll layers. Then give the bundt pan a few taps on the counter to allow the brown sugar mixture to seep down a bit. Bake in a preheated oven 55 minutes
Remove the bundt pan from the oven and let it cool 15 minutes. Invert the bundt pan onto a cake plate then drizzle the reserved icing over the top.
Slice and serve warm.
If you like this recipe check out these:
Apple Pie Monkey Bread
- 3 cans Cinnamon Rolls 8 count
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 can Apple Pie Filling
Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a bundt pan with cooking spray
- In a medium Bowl pour the apple pie filling in it and run a sharp knife through it and cut the apples in small pieces. Set aside
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl or ziplock bag
- Open the cinnamon rolls and reserve the icing
- Cut all of the cinnamon rolls in four pieces
- Coat the cinnamon rolls in the sugar mixture and discard what is left of the sugar mixture
- Place 1/3 of the quartered cinnamon rolls in the bundt pan
- Layer half of the diced apples on top of that
- Layer another 1/3 of the cinnamon roll fourths
- Layer the other half of the apples
- Layer the last of the cinnamon rolls on top.
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter and add the brown sugar and cinnamon. Keep on medium heat until it starts to bubble
- Pour the hot mixture evenly over the cinnamon roll layers
- Give the bundt pan a few taps on the counter to allow the brown sugar mixture to seep down a bit
- Bake in a preheated oven 55 minutes
- Remove the bundt pan from the oven and let it cool 15 minutes
- Invert the bundt pan onto a cake plate
- Drizzle the reserved icing over the top.
This post contains affiliate links
Sister made this today for breakfast. I liked it, she didn’t. For her it was too sweet, may try again with some adjustments for the sweetness factor.
This Apple Pie Monkey bread is very rich and sweet so it’s not for everyone. So glad you tried it !
This monkey bread looks utterly delicious and sooo fluffy! I love that you are using ready made dough, it makes it so much easier and quicker!
It is super easy to throw together .. thanks Anna.
I love recipes like this as they are easy yet are such showstoppers! This could be for breakfast, brunch, or dessert! Thank you so much for such a beautiful recipe!
Thank you for your kind words .
Oh, this is just so brilliant, Debbie! My kids and husband have a holiday tradition of making monkey bread together, so finding this wonderful flavor twist just before Christmas is absolutely perfect timing. Thank you … and happy holidays!!
What a great tradition ! I hope all of you enjoy it.
We traditionally make cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning, but honestly, this recipe might be the thing we need this year! Looks SO easy and SO delicious! Thank you for sharing!!
What a great tradition .. I hope you and your family like it.
I have never made monkey bread but your recipe was simple enough so i took the leap. Loved [email protected]
I’m so glad you enjoyed it Kate !!
These turned out so delicious! The cinnamon roll cans really made it simple, and the apple filling was the perfect decadent touch.
So glad you enjoyed it Amanda!
OMG! This apple pie monkey bread was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G ! I made it on Christmas Eve and it flew off the table faster than I could blink my eyes! This recipe was the highlight of my day! Thank you so much for the well versed instructions that made making this monkey bread a cinche! Happy Holidays!
I am so glad you enjoyed it!!
I loved the complex flavors this simple recipe delivered. It both a great breakfast and dessert and, sadly, it only lasted one day! LOL…
Thanks for sharing.
This is a perfect dessert or breakfast, so glad you enjoyed it .
I made this for brunch on Christmas morning. I usually make homemade cinnamon rolls but this year I just didn’t have the time. Everyone loved the apple chunks in the middle of the monkey bread. So good!! This is going to be a regular for our special breakfasts and brunches.
This is the perfect alternative to cinnamon rolls and so much easier.
This looks great and i never really tried to make this type of bread before and it looks delicious! thank you for sharing this recipe, i cant wait to try it out.
I love making monkey bread for breakfast. This will be a great recipe to make once school starts this fall!
This would be a perfect recipe for school.
This dessert was so easy, the kids made it themselves! They also ate all of it as soon as it came out of the oven. Delicious!
I am so glad your family enjoyed this .