This tender Blueberry Crumb Cake is buttery and isn’t overly sweet with berries in every bite. It’s topping is crunchy and perfectly sweet. This is the perfect light dessert for the blueberry lovers or breakfast with a cup of coffee. This is the perfect thing to make when you find those blueberries on sale . If you have a few extra berries give my Banana Blueberry waffles a try , they are so good.
* THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS I MAY MAKE A SMALL PROFIT FROM PRODUCTS AT NO COST TO YOU . JUST TO NOTE I ONLY RECOMMEND PRODUCTS I USE AND LOVE CLICK HERE FOR FULL DISCLAIMER
What you will need to make a Blueberry Crumb Cake :
- Self Rising Flour -Click HERE for the brand I use and love
- Butter and an Egg-Both room temp
- Brown and white sugar
- Fresh Blueberries
- Baker’s Joy
- 8X8 Baking pan -Click Here for my favorite pan
Frequently asked Questions :
- Do I have to coat the blueberries with flour ? Yes , if you don’t al of the berries will sink to the bottom in the baking process
- Can I double the recipe to a 9×13 pan? Yes , but your baking time will be a bit longer
- Do I have to put the topping on ? No you can totally leave it off, but the cake isn’t overly sweet and this adds a touch of sweetness.
- Can I use margarine ? For this cake it has to be real butter and not margarine
- What kind of milk can I use? I used whole milk but use whatever milk you have on hand.
Let’s make this coffee cake !
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8×8 baking pan, I sprayed mine with baker’s joy. Rinse and drain blueberries. Measure 2 cups of self rising flour , take 2 tablespoons from it and coat the blueberries . In a separate bowl bream together the butter , sugar and egg.
Alternating add a little flout and milk at a time. Beat until nice and fluffy.
Fold in flour coated blueberries and spread into the prepared pan.
Mix together the topping ingredients and cut in butter using a pastry cutter.
Spread the crumb topping onto of the batter . Bake in a preheated oven 55-60 minutes .
Once the cake has cool mix together the glaze and drizzle over the top.
Cut into squares and serve.
If you like this recipe you will love these !
Blueberry Crumb Cake
- 1/2 cup butter room temp
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Self Rising Flour
- 1/2 cup Milk I used whole milk
- 1 1/2-2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup Light Brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup All Purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons Butter cold and cubed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8x8 baking pan, I sprayed mine with baker's joy. Rinse and drain blueberries. Measure 2 cups of self rising flour , take 2 tablespoons from it and coat the blueberries .
- Cream together butter , sugar , vanilla and egg.
- Add A little flour at a time
- Alternating with milk
- Mix until light and fluffy
- Fold in the flour coated blueberries .
- Spread into a 8x8 prepared pan
- In a medium bowl mis together the flour , sugar and salt . Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or fork until the butter is like small pebbles.
- Spread Crumb topping over the batter evenly
- Baked in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes
- Once the cake is cooled mix the glaze in a small bowl
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake
- Store in a covered dish for up to 3 days
This cake turned out beautifully! The sweet blueberries were so good with the brown sugar topping, and the cake was perfectly moist and fluffy. Delicious.
The crumb topping has to be the best thing ever made! Coffee cakes are our favorite and this has two more of our favorites, blueberry and crumb. Perfect texture and flavor!
I love the layers in this crumb cake, the fresh blueberries and crumb topping are so good together.
Delicious with easy to follow instructions. I loved the blueberries and can see how it would work with other seasonal berries too.
and when do you add the vanilla?
It is in step 2 , when creaming the butter , sugar and egg.
Best cake for Blueberry lovers. Love the Crumb topping and glaze too. Looks delicious and perfect try for my next occasion.
Coffee cakes are favourite in the family. It turned out absolutely amazing! So delicious and inviting.
My Italian husband loves something sweet for breakfast. I’m always looking for new things to make for him. This blueberry crumb cake looks just perfect. Bookmarking for later!
Such an incredible brunch dessert! So easy and the flavors are amazing! Perfectly with morning tea!
Oh my goodness! I just finished baking this blueberry crumb cake and couldn’t wait for it to cool down. All I have to say is this is divine! Perfect and it’s so delicious!
Thank you for a wonderful recipe, I will definitely make this again.
We found this recipe and had all the ingredients required, so we made it, and what a lucky find! The cake was moist and so tasty. Both my kids loved it. Keeping the leftovers for later today!
I only have frozen blueberries. Can they be substituted??
I have never used frozen blueberries in this . I would recommend letting them thaw then coat them with the flour .