One thing about me is I love quick and simple .I don’t know about most of you but certain times of the year we are on the run with our kids’ activities almost every night of the week. The fall is super busy for us and I am always in a hurry getting a meal on the table . Since we aren’t a fast food kind of family I love one pot meals. If I can have a meal cooked and on the table in under an hour I am a rockstar. This One Pot Chili Mac is not only quick but full of flavor. Using seasoning packets makes this a cinch and even a beginner cook can make this meal in a flash. This is a family favorite at our house and it is easy on the pocket book. Serve with a little side salad or a bag of steamed veggies and you will have a perfect meal your family will love.
Let’s Make this One Pot Chili Mac!!
Like all good meals I start with a whole chopped onion and 2 pounds of ground meat. Feeding a family of boys the more meat the better! Make sure you start off in a good sized pot since there will be a lot of liquid added.
Brown the ground meat and then drain all the grease off
Add the can of tomato sauce. Fill the can with water and add that also
Add the can of tomatoes with chiles and fill that can with water also and add it. This adds a little bit of a kick , if you don’t like that just add diced tomatoes.
Time for the flavor..Add the two packets of chili seasoning
Now add the chili beans
Bring it up to a boil
Add 1 pound of macaroni pasta
Give a good stir and once it comes back up to a boil turn down the heat to low
After turning down the burner to low place a lid on top of the pot
Over the next 30 minutes or so give this a stir a few times and replace the lid
Once the pasta is done stir in 1 cup of cheese.
The perfect one pot meal!!
Top with a little extra cheese
If you love this recipe check out my Meatballs and Brown Gravy!
One Pot Chili Mac
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 29 oz can of tomato sauce
- 10 oz can of diced tomatoes and green chilies
- water- fill the 29oz and 10oz cans
- 2 packets of chili seasoning
- 15 oz can chili beans
- 1 pound macaroni pasta
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican style cheese-plus extra for each serving
- In a large soup pot brown ground meat and onion of high heat
- Drain the grease off the meat
- Pour in the tomato sauce , fill the can with water and pour that in also
- Pour the diced tomatoes with chillies in and fill that can with water also and add it
- Add the chili packets and give a good stir
- Add the chili beans
- Bring the mixture up to a slow boil
- Add the macaroni
- Once the mixture returns to a boil turn the heat down to low and place the lid on the pot
- Over the next 30 minutes give the mixture a stir every now and then and replace the lid
- Once the pasta is done stir in one cup of cheeseg
- Sprinkle a little extra cheese on top of each serving
Wonder and delicious! !!! My family loved it…..
So glad you liked it !!
it calls for 1 pound of macaroni. I buy macaroni in bulk. How many cups is needed to make a pound.
I have done a lot of google searches trying to find the answer , the best answer I can come up with is 4 cups is what is in a 1 pound box It is rather confusing reading the articles. The next time I get a box I will measure it .