These adorable Candy Coated Strawberry Carrots are a perfect addition for your Easter dessert table! These strawberries are transformed into carrot-shaped treats with a delicious candy coating, perfect for adding a pop of color to your holiday spread. We put them on a bed of crushed Oreos for a fun presentation Easy to make and even easier to enjoy, these sweet treats are sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike. If you want all of the tips and tricks to dipping strawberries check my other post on How to Chocolate Cover Strawberries -Tip and Tricks.
These candy coated strawberries are pretty easy to make if you follow a few steps . Here a few tips to follow when making these Candy coated strawberry carrots:
- Dip room temperature strawberries
- Make sure the berries are dry by patting them with paper towels. If they are damp it muddles the chocolate and doesn’t stick as well
- I used Wilton melting wafers -Follow the packages direction to prevent from burning it
- Use a small bowl for the melted wafers just deep enough to coat the berries , you can always melt more if you run out
- When Dipping use the leaves to hold on to the berry, if they are too little you can use a toothpick
- After the berry is covered make sure you scrape one side of the chocolate on the bowl to prevent puddling
- Use wax paper for the berries to dry on
- Store at room temperature to prevent sweating
- Best eaten with in 24 hours
* THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS I MAY MAKE A SMALL PROFIT FROM PRODUCTS AT NO COST TO YOU . JUST TO NOTE I ONLY RECOMMEND PRODUCTS I USE AND LOVE CLICK HERE FOR FULL DISCLAIMER
Equipment needed to make this recipe:
Let’s make some candy coated strawberry carrots !
Start by washing drying the strawberries well. The melt the wafers in a bowl just big enough to dip the berries .
Pull the leaves back and use this as the handle. Then dip the strawberry on all sides trying to get as close to the leaves as possible. Place the dipped strawberries on waxed paper to set up.
Once the strawberries have set up I like drizzling a little extra on top of them.
This is optional but displaying them on top of crushed Oreos makes for a cute presentation.
If you like this then check out these other recipes:
Candy Coated Strawberry Carrots
- 14-20 Strawberries with nice dreen leaves
- 12 oz Orange Melting wafers I used Wilton
- 12-14 Oreos -Crushed for presentation optional
- Wash and dry strawberries . Melt the wafers is a small bowl according to the packages directions
- Pull all of the leaves back away from the strawberry and use this as your handle
- Carefully dip the strawberry coating all of the sides as high up to the leaves as possible.
- Once the berries are dipped place the on a sheet of waxed paper.
- This is optional but I like to drizzle the berries with a little extra of the melted wafers
- Crushed Oreos in a food processor and place the Coated strawberries on it . This is optional but It makes for a cute presentation.