These bread machine garlic knots are extra soft and billowy. Slathered with a garlic butter these are a perfect to snack on dipping them in a marinara sauce or perfect along side your favorite soup. These go perfectly with my Pasta E Fagioli , you will even see that I was serving them with it in the photo. I know these are traditionally made with pizza dough but these are more like rolls and so good. I am from the south and we serve garlic knots with soups and pasta dishes. On a recent trip to the Northeast I got to sample garlic knots in New York and New Jersey . If I lived there I would eat Bagels , Garlic knots and Pizza on a regular basis. There is something special about all of the bread in the Northeast .
* THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS I MAY MAKE A SMALL PROFIT FROM PRODUCTS AT NO COST TO YOU . JUST TO NOTE I ONLY RECOMMEND PRODUCTS I USE AND LOVE CLICK HERE FOR FULL DISCLAIMER
What you will need to make Bread Machine Garlic knots :
- Bread Machine -Click HERE for the one I use
- Kitchen Thermometer -Click HERE for the one I use
- Basting brush
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking Pan -click Here for the one I use
- Parchment paper
- warm milk
- All Purpose Flour
Frequently asked questions :
- Can I make these without a Bread machine ? Yes you can but it’s a bit more work . Mix the dough as usual and then knead it for 10-15 minutes or until smooth and elastic like.
- I have a jar of yeast how much should I use? 2 1/4 teaspoons of yeast
- Do I have to let the yeast bloom? Yes , this is an important step . You will not only let the yeast dissolve but when it foams up you know it is alive and the yeast is good.
- Do I have to check the temperature of the milk ? Yes , If it is too hot you will kill the yeast
Let’s make some garlic knots !
Fist heat your milk up between 100-110 degrees , careful not to get it to hot or you will kill the yeast. In the well of a bread machine add the warm milk, yeast and sugar. Allow the yeast to bloom for about 15 minutes.
Once the yeast is bloomed add the melted butter and beaten eggs . Then add the flour and salt . Now close the lid , select the dough cycle and let the machine do its magic . It will mix , knead and let the dough rise all in the well.
Once the dough is ready remove it from the well and place on to a floured surface. Cut into twelve strips .
Roll each strip into a long rope and tie it into a knot. Place all of the knots onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Cover and et the knots rest for about 30 minutes .
Combine the melted butter , garlic and parsley in a small bowl. Brush the dough with the butter mixture coating them well Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes .
These are best served warm with a marinara sauce or along with your favorite soup.
If you like this recipe you will love these :
Debbie’s picks for this recipe
Bread Machine Garlic Knots
- 1 Bread Machine
- 1 cup warm milk between 100-110 degrees
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 packet active yeast-approximately 2 1/4 teaspoons
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg well beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 8 Tablespoons Butter
- 1-2 Tablespoon garlic powder see notes
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Parsley
- In the well of the bread machine add warm milk(between 100-110 degrees), sugar and yeast . Allow the yeast to bloom about 10-15 minutes
- Add butter and beaten egg
- Add flour and salt . Close the lid and set to the dough cycle .
- Once the cycle is complete remove the dough and cut into 12 equal portions
- Roll each piece into the shape of a long rope
- Take each piece and fold it over one another tying a knot .Place each knot onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper . Cover and allow to rise for 30-45 minutes .
- Once the knots have risen melt the butter in a small bowl. Add the garlic and parsley , Preheat oven to 350 degrees ,
- Generously brush the rolls with the garlic butter making sure their is plenty of garlic on each knot.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.