The thing about cranberries is either you love them or hate them. I don’t only love them I adore them!! I seriously will have them in all forms ..fresh, frozen , dried , juice, even the jellied stuff in the can. This little fruit is supposed to have a ton of health benefits so this is my way of staying healthy, wink wink. I would say most people don’t like cranberries because they are tart . To balance the tartness they need to be mixed with other flavors . In this Cranberry Nut Bread with Orange Glaze I used the classic combination of cranberry and orange. The sweetness and citrus flavor of the orange really balances the tartness of the cranberries and makes your tastebuds sing with Joy.
This bread is sweet without being overly sweet. It is also super moist and delicate and full of cranberries and pecans in every bite. The orange glaze really brings this bread to a whole new level of yumminess and would not be the same without it. This is the perfect bread for gift giving in the holidays to a fellow cranberry lover, but make an extra for yourself. I love this bread for breakfast , dessert or even a snack with a nice hot cup of coffee.
Making this bread is super easy, start off by spraying a loaf pan with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Slice fresh cranberries in half and place them in a bowl
Coat the cranberries with a little sugar.
Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
Beat together eggs, sugar, melted butter, water and vanilla extract
Add the the dry mixture to the wet ingredients , mixing as you go. Blend well
Once everything is blended well, stir in orange zest and orange juice. I use the juice from the orange from zesting
Fold in cranberries and pecans
Pour into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes . A tester should come out clean
Once the bread is baked let it cool for about 10 minutes . Remove the loaf from the pan and allow it to cool on a cooling rack.
Once the bread is cooled mix the glaze.
Spoon the glaze over the cooled bread then allow the glaze to dry
And allow the glaze to set up or dry
Cranberry Nut Bread with Orange Glaze
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/3 Granulated sugar reserve 1/3 cup for cranberries
- 8 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Orange zest
- 1/3 cup Orange juice squeezed from the orange or premade
- 1 1/2 cup Fresh Cranberries sliced in half
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Orange Zest
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Sliced cranberries and mix them with 1/3 cup of sugar and set aside
- Spray loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside
- Mix the four, baking soda, salt and baking powder and set aside
- In a mixing bowl beat together the eggs and sugar then add melted butter ,water , and vanilla. Mix until smooth
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture. Mix until smooth
- Mix in orange zest and and orange orange juice
- Fold in cranberries and nuts
- Pour into prepared loaf pan
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes
- Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes then remove from the pan and cool on a cooling rack
- Once the bread is completely cool Mix the glaze ingredients and spoon over the bread