It is officially pumpkin everything season!! I went shopping with my cousin this past weekend and every shop we went into smelled of fall, it was so intoxicating. We went into a well known high end retail store and they had samples of several of their fall goodies out. One of their mixes was a pumpkin bread mix , that was at best average. Seriously, homemade pumpkin breads are so easy and so much better than a mix. This Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread is so easy and delicious , and is perfect with a hot cup of tea. In the fall I love making breads like this check out my Apple Butter Banana Bread and my Apple Bread with Cream Cheese Filling.
Recommended Tools to make this Quick Bread:
Once the bread is cooled and sliced it is hard to resist grabbing a slice . It is slightly sweet and full of pumpkin spices. What really makes this different is big chocolate chunks in every bite . The semi sweet chocolate and pumpkin bread surprisingly a delightful combination. Trust me , this will be your new favorite fall bread.
Let’s Make Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread!
This is so easy to make , everything is mixed in one bowl. Start by blending together the pumpkin, oil, eggs and sugar. Mix until it is well blended.
Add the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin spice.
Mix well, stopping to scrape down the sides and mix until everything is blended.
Fold in chocolate chunks.
Pour into a prepared pan and bake for 55 minutes in a preheated oven.
Cool for 10 minutes and remove from the pan.Cool on a cooling rack.
This post contains affiliate links which means I may make a small profit from products at no cost to you . Click HERE for full disclaimer
Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Egg
- 11/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 cup Dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with a spray like bakers joy
- Blend together pumpkin, oil, egg and sugar
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin spice.
- Blend well , stopping to scrape down the sides
- Once blended fold in chocolate chunks
- Pour into the prepared 9x5 loaf pan
- Baked 55-60 minutes in preheated oven
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan then remove and cool on a cooling rack