This Pasta e Fagioli is so easy and full of veggies , beans and pasta. It is super easy and better than any soup you will get in a restaurant. With a little bit of prep work peeling and chopping up vegetables you will have a comforting bowl of soup in no time. This comes together very quickly and your entire family will love you for it .
This soup is super easy and you really don’t need any special equipment but here are a few of my favorite kitchen items that I use all of the time .
Debbie’s favorite items to Make Pasta e Fagioli :
Let’s make some Soup!
Start by gathering all of the ingredients . Peel and chop all the vegetables .
Brown the ground meat and set aside . In the same pot add olive oil and begin to cook the fresh vegetables, continue cooking until the are soft.
Add the chicken broth to the veggies .
Add salt pepper and Italian seasoning, then simmer until the vegetables are done.
Add the jar of sauce , beans , tomatoes and ground meat bring it up to a boil . Turn it down to simmer and then add the pasta. Cook until Pasta is done.
Serve with grated parmesan and it goes great with Garlic knots .
If you love soups give these a try :
This post contains affiliate links which means I may make a small profit from products at no cost to you . Click HERE for full disclaimer
Easy Pasta e Fagioli
- 1 LB ground meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Medium onion diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 1/4 cup parsley diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 32 oz Box chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 24 oz Jar Spaghetti sauce
- 1 can Kidney beans-drained and rinsed
- 1 can cannellini beans -drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 cups ditalini pasta
- In a soup pot or dutch oven brown ground meat . Once ground meat is done remove it from the pot and place it in a bowl and set aside for later. I put a power towel beneath it to absorb the grease .
- In the same pot add the olive oil and heat it up.
- Add diced onion, celery , carrots and parsley . Cook until the onions are clear.
- Add the chicken broth and Italian seasoning, bring the mixture up to a slow boil.
- Cook until the the veggies are done .
- Add the ground meat , spaghetti sauce and canned beans & tomatoes , bring the soup up to a boil. Depending on how thick your spaghetti sauce is you may have to add extra water. keeping in mind the pasta will absorb some liquid
- Add the pasta and simmer until done .
- Optional -serve with freshly grated parmesan