This Pina Colada Fluff is cool , creamy and the perfect treat for the summer. It has the traditional flavor of coconut and big chunks pineapple that taste similar to the famous frozen drink. I am not going to lie, my ultimate vacation is laying by a beautiful pool and have frozen pina coladas brought to me all day. Oh we can only dream !! There is just something about the taste of coconut and pineapple that is so classic ..like peas & carrots or Lemon & blueberries. I also grew up eating all sorts of “salads” with marshmallows in them like Watergate Salad . I think this is totally a southern thing but also very big with my Mother’s generation. Her whole generation made this sweet concoctions with jello or pudding mixes and called them salads. Like calling them that excused the fact that they obviously did not have one veggie in them. These fluffs can be served any way you like. It can be a side or a dessert, it is totally up to you . Just put a big bowl of this out at your next summer BBQ and watch it disappear. Trust me , you will have no leftovers.
Things you will need to make Pina Colada Fluff:
- Instant Vanilla Pudding
- Cream of coconut -Click Here for the brand I use
- 20 oz Can of crushed pineapple
- mini marshmallows
- shredded coconut
- chopped pecans
Tools and Gadgets
- Mixing bowl
- measure cups
- wire whisk
- Rubber Spatula
- Storage container with lids
- Coconut serving bowls– Not a necessity but how Flippin cute would it be to serve this in a coconut bowl
Commonly asked questions:
Do I have to use cream of coconut?
Yes and No. While the cream of coconut is rich and has a fabulous flavor I highly recommend using it for the best results. If you decide to use milk to replace it I recommend using a teaspoon of coconut extracts for the flavor.
How far in advance can I Make this ?
This can be served after chilling 3-4 hours but I have made it let it chill overnight and it is still good.
Is this a salad , side or dessert?
All of the above!! I have seen similar fluffs or salads served as a salad, side or dessert. It is just plain delicious and can be served anyway you like
Let’s make some fluff!!
Start by gathering your ingredients . Measure them out and chop your pecans
Shake the can of cream of coconut well , it separates in the can and just needs mixed again. Whisk together the cream of coconut and pudding mix until mixed well.
Mix in the cool whip well .
Add the can of crushed pineapple with the juice and mix well.
Fold in the marshmallows , shredded coconut and chopped pecans.
Mix well then Cover and chill 3-4 hours before serving. Right before serving you can garnish it with extra coconut or pecans and top with cherries .
If you like this recipe check out these :
*** This post contains affiliate links for more information on this Click HERE
Pina Colada Fluff
- 3.4 oz Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 cup Cream of Coconut see notes
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple with juice
- 8 oz whipped topping
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2-3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Mix 1 cup of cream of coconut and vanilla pudding with a wire whisk until smooth
- Mix in the 8oz container of whipped topping
- Fold in the can of crushed pineapple with the juice
- Fold in the pecans , marshmallows and shredded coconut
- Once it is mixed well chill for 3-4 hours before serving * see notes
- Before serving you can garnish with extra coconut or pecans and some cherries