Snow Day Funday !!! What a better way to celebrate than with Gingerbread Cheesecake Brownies! I know people in other parts of country don’t get too excited about snow but here in southern Louisiana we are overjoyed , it has been around 10 years since snow was here last .We woke up to a winter wonderland on December 8, 2017 , and boy did we have fun. As if it was meant to be my husband and I had a scheduled day off from work so we were able to frolic in the snow all morning with our kids. It was a happy and magical day with at least 4 inches of powdery snow all around us. All the neighborhood kids built snowmen , had snowball fights and laughter was heard everywhere. My youngest son is 13 and he literally stayed outside all day soaking it all in , he only came in for hot cocoa breaks by the fireplace. Gingerbread Cheesecake Brownies was on the menu for our snow day.
Nothing says Christmas more than gingerbread so this is a little twist on a classic. Yummy cheesecake swirled with gingerbread is just out of this world. Believe me , if you bring this to a gathering during the holidays everyone will want to be your best friend. Pair this with some hot chocolate and you will be in holiday heaven!! These aren’t only delish they are super easy since they are started from a box mix. If you are looking for another easy Christmas Treat try my Christmas Cracker Candy.
Start of by mixing the gingerbread brownies .
Mix the box of gingerbread , melted butter , egg and milk in a bowl and mix well. Set aside
Get ready to make the cheesecake layer
In a bowl mix together the cream cheese, sugar, flour , egg and vanilla . Blend well
Spread 3/4 of the gingerbread brownie mix in a 9×13 baking dish sprayed with baking spray
Spread the cheesecake layer on top of the gingerbread brownie
Drop spoonfuls of the remaining gingerbread brownie mix on top of the cheesecake layer
Carefully swirl the cheesecake and spoonfuls of gingerbread brownie trying not the scrape the bottom of the pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Cool completely and cut into squares and watch them disappear
Gingerbread Cheesecake Brownies
- Gingerbread cake & cookie mix 14.5oz
- 1/2 Cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 12 oz Room temperature Cream Cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9x13 pan with baking spray
- Mix the ingredients for the gingerbread cake mix, melted butter , milk and egg. Set aside
- In a separate bowl beat together cream cheese, egg, flour , sugar and vanilla until smooth
- Spread 3/4 of the gingerbread brownie mix in prepared pan
- Spread the cheesecake mixture on top of the gingerbread brownie mixture covering it completely
- With the remaining gingerbread brownie mix drop it by the spoonfuls on top of the cheesecake mixture
- With a butter knife swirl the cheesecake and gingerbread brownie together careful not the scrape the bottom of the pan
- Bake in a preheated over for 35-40 minutes