These Key Lime Ricotta Cookies are my latest baking comfort food. Like the rest of the country I find comfort in baking and eating what I bake. I find it fascinating what people are buying and hoarding. I haven’t been able to buy flour and yeast in weeks , those items just fly off the shelves . Don’t even get me started on cleaning products, luckily I keep my cleaning supplies pretty well stocked but I am starting to get nervous, lol. So back to this cookie, I took a really basic fluffy ricotta cookie and gave it a tangy sweet flavor of key lime. I just love anything that is full of citrus flavor.
If you have never had a ricotta cookie you are missing out. They fluffy , cake like and so tender and melt in your mouth. I thought it would be fun to incorporate the flavor of key lime into this cookie and I was right. This Key Lime Ricotta Cookie is so yummy and refreshing.
To get started preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. If you haven’t noticed I adore parchment paper and use it to bake all my cookies. It is so magical and just bakes everything more evenly. Once that is done cream together butter ,eggs , sugar and beat until nice and fluffy. Now add the flour , baking powder , salt and blend well. Mix in the fresh lime zest. Cover and chill for 1 hour. I used a tablespoon cookie scoop and dropped dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes.
Remove the cookies from the cookie sheets and cool completely on a wire cooling rack. Once the cookies are cool mix the glaze . Add 1/2 -1 full teaspoon of lime zest depending on how tangy you like it. Start by adding 2 tablespoons of key lime and mix according to how thick or thin you like it. Dip the tops of the cookies in the glaze , let the excess drip off. Place the cookies back on the cooling rack and let them dry completely.
Key Lime Ricotta Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter-Room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Ricotta- whole milk ricotta
- 2 Tablespoons Key Lime Juice
- 2 Cups All purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon Lime zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2-3 Tablespoons Key Lime Juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing cream together the butter, sugar and egg until fluffy
- Add the ricotta and key lime juice blend until smooth
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and blend well
- Add lime zest and blend well
- Cover and chill dough for one hour
- Drop dough by the tablespoon about 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheets
- Bake 15-17 minutes in preheated oven
- Once baked removed from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack
- Once cookies are completely cooled mix glaze starting with 2 tablespoons of key lime juice and add more if you want it thinner
- Dip the tops of the cookies in the glaze , let the excess drip off and dry on the cooling rack
If you like this recipe you must check out these: