Unbelievably light and airy this Lemon Cream Pie is a lemon lovers dream. The buttery graham cracker crust serves as a base to a luscious lemon filling that has the perfect balance of sweet and tart. This pie taste like pure sunshine and is the perfect no bake pie anytime of year. While this pie can be enjoyed anytime of year it just says spring to me. There is nothing more refreshing than a slice of cool and creamy Lemon pie on a beautiful spring day. If you like this pie you will love my Key Lime Pie , check it out HERE.
What is needed to make Lemon Cream Pie:
- Graham Cracker Crust
- Mascarpone Cheese
- Fresh Lemons
- Whipping Cream
- Powdered sugar
- sweetened condensed milk
- Pie Plate
- Stand up mixer or hand held mixer
- Lemon Squeezer
- Yellow food coloring
- Piping bag and tips-Optional
Let’s make Lemon Pie!!
If you decide to make a my Homemade Graham Cracker Crust make it ahead of time and allow it to cool completely before the filling is made. This has simple ingredients , the only thing sort of fancy is the mascarpone cheese. Cream cheese can be used in the place of the mascarpone if you just can’t find but I recommend sticking to my ingredients. The mascarpone lends a rich creaminess that really makes this pie wonderful .
In a stand up mixer with a wire whisk attachment start whipping the mascarpone cheese and powdered sugar until it is creamy. Slowly add the cold whipping cream stopping to scrape down the sides when needed. Keep mixing on high until firm peaks form. Stop the mixer and add the lemon juice , lemon zest and yellow food coloring. Keep mixing until everything is incorporated .
Fold in a half a can of sweetened and condensed milk and mix until everything is incorporated. Pour the filling into a cooled pie crust and chill at least 8 hours.
Once the filling has chilled make your whipped cream by combining the heavy whipping cream , powdered sugar and vanilla . Beat with a wire whisk attachment until soft peaks form .
Either pipe or spread around the edges of the pie and then garnish with lemon slices and mint leaves.
Slice and serve !!
Commonly asked Questions:
- Can I use bottled Lemon juice? NO ..I recommend fresh lemon juice and zest for the best flavor
- Can I use a store bought graham cracker crust ? Yes but I recommend the larger 9 oz crust
- What if I can’t find mascarpone ? Cream cheese can be used in its place but there are tutorials online how to make mascarpone from cheese cheese also.
- Do I have to use freshly made whipped cream? Freshly made whipped cream taste the best to me but a premade topping can be used in its place
- Do have to use a stand up mixer? No but you will need a hand held mixer. This recipe is to labor intense if you tried to mix by hand . If using a hand held mixer just don’t rush the process .
Other Pies to try
**This post contains affiliate links , as an amazon associate I do make a small commission with no cost to you.
Lemon Cream Pie
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust * See Notes
- 16 oz Mascarpone cheese Room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice See notes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 Can can sweetened condensed milk 1/2 of 14oz can
- a few drops of yellow food coloring
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Lemon slices
- mint leaves
- If you choose to make a graham cracker crust allow it to cool completely before making the filling
- In a stand up mixer with a wire whisk attachment start whipping the mascarpone cheese and powdered sugar until it is creamy
- Slowly add the cold whipping cream stopping to scrape down the sides when needed
- Keep mixing on high until firm peaks form
- Add the lemon juice , lemon zest and yellow food coloring . Mix it for a few minutes until everything is incorporated well and remove the bowl from the mixer
- Add a half can of condensed milk and fold in with a rubber spatula , mix until it is incorporated
- Poor filling into prepared and cooled graham cracker crust
- Cover and chill overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Once chilled prepare the whipped cream by beating the whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla with a wire whisk attachment until soft peaks form.
- Pipe or spread whipped cream around the edges of the pie
- Garnish with lemon slices and mint leaves
Wow, this is a beautiful pie! It looks so lovely! Since I was a kid my favorite desserts are always the ones with lemon. This is a winner, I will be making it this weekend. Thanks so much for the recipe!
Thank you..I hope you enjoy it.
How beautiful this lemon cream pie looks and it is absolutely perfect for the spring season! I can’t wait to give this citrus cream pie a try.
Thanks and please let me know how you like it.
Easy, bright, and delicious! This is the perfect springtime dessert that’s also very easy to make.
This pie was delicious! I loved the richness the mascarpone added, but the lemon kept it plenty bright to make a wonderful spring pie. So, so easy too!
Thanks Amanda , I am so glad you enjoyed this easy pie.
No doubt that this is one of my favorite pies ever. Lemon cream pie is easy and such a tasty dessert. Make it often.
Thanks Adriana !
This lemon cream pie looks absolutely scrumptious! I am going to make it for Easter for my fmily, they will love it!
I hope all of you enjoy this wonderful pie.
I’m a big fan of anything lemon flavored and this pie looks so perfect and has my mouth watering. Thank you for sharing!
Thank you so much Moop.
I LOVE anything lemon! This is such a smooth and creamy pie. Perfect for this spring weather!
Yes it is the perfect time of year for this pie, Thanks .
That’s a fabulous no bake dessert! You are right, it just screams spring with that bright yellow color and the lemon flavor.
Sure wish you could share with us recipes like these. But without cheese as a ingredient. I love lemon and lime and even orange. But can’t seem to find what I am looking for
Hi Joyce , Feel free to email me and maybe I can point you in the right direction. I am with Just a Pinch Food group and I am sure I can find something to your liking . [email protected]
Wondering since I didn’t see it anywhere – does the mascarpone need to be at room temp before starting. I just took the crust out of the oven so I’m waiting for it to cool. TIA
It does mix better at room temperature , I will add that to the card.