These Pink Hot Cocoa Bombs are the perfect treat for your sweetheart. When mixed with hot milk the bomb explodes and mixes the white chocolate and pink hot cocoa, a lovely warm beverage. These hot cocoa bombs have taken the internet by storm . They are everywhere and everyone wants them. The first time I saw a hot cocoa bomb video on TikTok I could not stop watching them and knew I had to make them. I had a request to make a Pink Hot Cocoa and I knew that it would make the perfect cocoa bomb for Valentine’s Day.
Items needed to Make Pink Hot Cocoa Bombs
While these bombs are not hard to make you will need a few items.
- Large Cavity half sphere molds
- Pastry Brush
- Ghirardelli white chocolate melting wafers Or Merkens white chocolate
- Gloves -optional but prevents fingerprints
- Heart Sprinkles-Optional but a nice touch
- Red Candy melts
- Pink Hot Cocoa
This seems like a lot but once you buy the molds you can make all kinds of Hot Cocoa Bombs. You will have to make the pink hot cocoa , I don’t think there is a mix out there.
How to make Pink Hot Cocoa Bombs:
- Gather all of your equipment and melt the chocolate according to the packages directions and make Pink Hot cocoa
- Paint a very thin layer of chocolate in the mold, make sure to bring it all the way up to the edges. There will be thin areas but this is just the first coat. Pop the mold into the freezer for 10 minutes
- Paint a thin coat of chocolate over the previous layer making sure any thin spots are covered well. Pop the mold back into the freezer. If the second layer was thick enough this should be good. Sometimes I have repeated the process with a 3rd layer
- Remove the molds from the freezer and carefully begin removing the chocolate . I found pulling the edges away first and them turning the mold inside out is the easiest method .Just be careful they are very fragile
- Heat up a small plate in the microwave. Gently press the open end of the half sphere on the plate and slowly twist to make sure the edges are flat.(only do 2 at a time). You may have to reheat the plate if you are making several bombs.
- Fill half of the sphere with a few tablespoons of cocoa mix , marshmallows , or whatever you would like. Take the empty sphere and melt and repeat the process on the plate by slightly melting the edges. Gently press the softened edges together. Allow this to cool completely.
- Melt a little red chocolate candy , place in a piping bag and drizzle over the cocoa bombs and immediately sprinkle with hearts
- If you need step by step pics click HERE
To Serve place in a mug and pour 11/2 -2 cups of steamed milk over it . Stir until all the chocolate is melted.
Check out my Pink Hot Cocoa Bomb Video, Click HERE