This Creamy Key Lime Pie is baked to perfection in a homemade graham cracker crust and has the perfect balance of sweetness and tang. This is the perfect cool creamy treat that will make you keep going back for more . When I was growing up this type of pie was always in the fridge during the warmer months. My Dad was a pie fanatic and to keep him happy my Mom would a keep simple No bake Lemon or Key Lime pie in the Ice Box. This pie is a little different than those no bake kind, the cream cheese lends a creaminess similar to a cheesecake but not as heavy.
What you need to make a Creamy Key Lime Pie:
- Fresh Key Lime Juice or Nellie & Joe’s Key West Lime Juice
- Lime Squeezer if you decide to use fresh juice
- Homemade Graham Cracker Crust
- Pie Plate
- Wire Whisk
- Mixing Bowls
- Pie server
- Hand mixer to make whipped cream
Here are a few questions about this Pie:
- Can I use a store bought crust ? The answer is yes , just pour the filling in there and bake . BUT..always a but lol… I never tested it this way but I recommend the deep dish type .
- Can I use another type of Lime Juice? Yes you can but Key Lime juice has a specific flavor . If you use real key limes they are very seasonal and it will take a lot of key limes for this pie.
- Do I have to use cream in the pie Filling? You can sub the cream in the filling with something lighter like milk without messing up the end result
- Do I have to make homemade whipped cream for the topping? You don’t have to but why use Cool Whip or RediWhip when everything else is homemade?
Let’s Make Pie !!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and mix all the ingredients to the crust in a bowl. Press into a 9-9.5 pie plate and bake for 10 minutes. Allow the crust to cool completely. For more tips on a Homemade Graham Cracker Crust see my recipe HERE.
For the filling beat the cream cheese until smooth . Add the sweetened condensed milk and beat until incorporated. Add one egg at a time , beating in between until smooth. Add the cream and mix until smooth. Pour into the prepared Pie crust and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Once the pie is cooled chill for at least three hours . Right Before serving prepare the whipped cream Either pipe it on , spread it on top of pie or a dollop on each piece. The choice is yours!
If you like this Recipe you may like these:
Creamy Key Lime Pie
Graham Cracker Crust *See Notes
- 1 1/2 cups of Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
Creamy Key Lime Filling
- 8 oz Cream Cheese -Room Temperature
- 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup Key Lime Juice ** See Notes
Whipped Cream Topping
- 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanillas Extracts
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the 3 ingredients of the crust
- Press into a 9-9.5 inch pie plate
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool completely
Creamy Key lime pie filling
- In a mixing bowl beat the cream cheese until it is smooth and creamy
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and until it is incorporated
- Add Key Lime juice and mix well
- Beat in one egg at a time
- Add cream and mix until everything is incorporated
- Pour into the prepared crust
- Bake for 35-40 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow cool to room temperature
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving
- Pour Cream , powdered sugar and vanilla into a bowl and whip with a wire whisk attachment until soft peaks form
- Either pipe or spread whipped cream on the pie or individual slices