This taco cheese dip is full of hearty meat , taco seasoning and zesty Rotel tomatoes. This is thrown together in minutes while the slow cooker does the magic . I adore anything made in a slow cooker because it makes my life so much easier. On Saturdays during football season our TV stays on college football all day long and there needs to be lots of snacks. I will make this big slow cooker full of cheese dip and My husband and three sons will snack on it all day. Win Win for me . If you like this recipe , check out my Corn Dip.
What you will need to make Taco Cheese Dip:
- Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Liner
- ground beef
- Rotel Tomatoes
- chopped chiles
- Taco seasoning
- Tortilla chips
Frequently asked Questions :
- Do I have to make this is a slow cooker? No you can make this on the stove top just be careful not to burn it
- Do I have to use a slow cooker liner ? No it just makes cleanup easier and prevents the sides from burning
- Where do I find slow cooker liners ? They are typically on the same aisle as Ziplock bags and foil
- Do it matter what type of milk I use ? No you can use what you have on hand.
Let’s make some cheese dip!
Add the browned ground and a packet of taco seasoning on top of it.
Add a can of rotel tomatoes , green chiles and milk. Cover and cook on high for an hour .
Uncover and stir to combine . Replace the lid and cook another 45 minutes to an hour. Stir to make sure it is combined well.
Serve with tortilla chips
If you like this recipe check out these :
Taco Cheese Dip
- 1 32 Ounce Velveeta Cheese
- 1-1 1/2 pound ground meat -browned Browned
- can green chiles do not drain
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes do not drain
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup milk
- Tortilla chips to served with the dip
- Line your slow cooker with a slow cooker liner and place cubed Velveeta on the bottom
- Add browned ground meat and sprinkle the taco seasoning packet on top of the meat
- Add Rotel tomatoes and green chiles
- Pour in one cup of milk
- Place the lid on top and cook on high for one hour
- After an hour give it a good stir to combine everything .
- Place the lid back on top and cook another 45 min to an hour. If you don't use a liner you will need to watch it doesn't burn around the edges .
- After 45 minutes check it and all the cheese should be melted. Give it a good stir and serve with Tortilla Chips .
- If you have a warm mode on your slow cooker it is great to keep it warm
Hello, my daughter has made taco dip with Velveeta cheese more than once but she never made it for me. I am excited to try it given an occasion. I like the simplicity and the ingredients. Ohm and I am crockpot ready! Without even trying it yet, I give it a five! Thank you so much!
Yay !! I am so glad you get to make it yourself .