Peppermint Bark is a Christmas candy with a layer of dark chocolate then creamy white chocolate . The top is dusted with refreshing minty candy canes, this is the taste Christmas . The one candy I look forward to every holiday season is peppermint bark. Once of my favorites is the one Ghirardelli makes but over the years it has gotten a little pricey. It occurred to me I could totally make this using their melting wafers. Let me be the first to tell you this is just as good and you get a big bag of this candy but a fraction of the cost . This candy would be perfect for gift giving or even a hostess gift for holiday parties. If you like this recipe give these Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies a try.
* THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS WHICH MEANS I MAY MAKE A SMALL PROFIT FROM PRODUCTS AT NO COST TO YOU . JUST TO NOTE I ONLY RECOMMEND PRODUCTS I USE AND LOVE CLICK HERE FOR FULL DISCLAIMER
What you will need to make this simple 3 Ingredient Peppermint Bark:
- Ghirardelli melting wafers -White and Dark Chocolate – These are available almost everywhere and much cheaper at the supermarkets but click here to see them on Amazon
- Candy Canes
- Wax paper
- meat mallet or Rolling pin to break the candy canes
- Rubber spatula
Let’s make some peppermint bark !
First crush your candy canes using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Then melt your dark chocolate and spread it on some wax paper. Place that in the freezer for minutes.
Once the dark chocolate has set up melt the white chocolate . Then spread it on top of the dark chocolate.
While the chocolate is still wet dust it with the crush peppermints , pressing them gently into the white chocolate . Place this in the freezer for minutes to set up ,
Break apart and enjoy this Christmas treat!
If you like this recipe check out these :
- 10 oz Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 10 oz Ghirardelli White Melting Wafers
- 6-8 Candy Canes Crushed
- Crushed candy canes by placing them in a Ziplock bag and break apart with a rolling pin or meat mallet
- Melt the dark Chocolate wafers in the microwave according to the packages directions .
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and spread the melted chocolate on the wax paper. Place this in the fridge or freezer until it completely sets up
- Once the dark chocolate sets up melt the white melting wafers according to the packages directions in the microwave.
- Spread the white chocolate over the dark chocolate .
- Immediately dust the top with crushed candy canes . Gently press them into the warm white chocolate . Place int the fridge or freezer to set up.
- Once it is completely set up break it apart into small pieces. Store in a Ziplock bag or air ight container.
Such a simple recipe but so good! I love a good chocolate bark and a peppermint one for Christmas is a must!
I agree, it is a must .
This recipe is so amazing! It has a good balance of sweetness and minty flavor. I will definitely make this again. Thanks, Debbie for this recipe.
I am so glad you enjoyed it !!
So good! This turned out so good! It was really easy to make, too! Great recipe!!
I am so glad you liked this simple recipe .
Such an amazing recipe with uniqueness and style! Looks incredibly yummy! Its crispy texture makes it enticing and tempting! Loved it!
So easy and delicious! 25 minutes from measuring out ingredients to putting in fridge. I’ve never made barks before because it seemed difficult. This was easy, quick to make, and very minimal clean up!
Thanks Natalia ..it is super easy
I love how easy this turned out! I will be making extra batches to give away as a homemade Christmas gift.
It does make great gifts.
This bark was so quick and easy! We had so much fun making it right now. Thanks!
I am so glad you liked it.
Oh my, what have I discovered here! This is definitely a recipe I’m printing out to make over the holidays!
I hope you enjoy it !
Such a simple recipe and loaded with flavors! We had so much of crushed candy canes leftover and this peppermint bark recipe came in so handy. Enjoyed making these with my boys over the weekend.
This peppermint bark is super easy to make and so delicious! Perfect to share on Christmas time.
One of my favourite festive treats! The combo of chocolate and peppermint is hard to beat, and your recipe combines both in such a delicious way!