Roasted Cauliflower with Sweet Mini Peppers is the perfect side for any meal. This is simple and tasty way to make roasted veggies .Have any of you ever just looked in the fridge and think “I have a lot of odds and ends items that need to be used” ?? This is one of those recipes I came up with cleaning out my fridge and thinking just that . I had an extra head a cauliflower that didn’t get used over Easter weekend and some sweet mini peppers on the verge of going bad , the rest is history. Since this is a clean out your fridge kind of dish it is very simple ingredients that most people have on hand, so not a ton of items to buy for one recipe.
I love the flavor of the cauliflower and the sweet peppers roasted together. The olive oil and lemon mixture is simple and just enhances all of the flavors. This is a nice healthy side dish no matter what type of diet you are following. Although this is great if you are following a low carb diet ..it is low in calories also so it is win win . This is as simple as it is delicious!!
Let’s Make Roasted Cauliflower with Sweet Mini Peppers !
First start of by removing the green leaves from the bottom of the cauliflower head but leave the core intact. After washing it slice it lengthwise and place on a parchment lined baking sheet . Wash the mini peppers, cut the stems off, slice lengthwise , deseed and place them in a bowl. Mix olive oil, lemon juice , parsley, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush both sides of the cauliflower and pour what is left over the peppers and coat them well. Place the peppers on the baking sheet with the cauliflower and add more salt and pepper if desired. Place the baking sheet in a preheated 400 degree oven and cook for 30 minutes . Flip everything over halfway through the baking process so both sides are nice and roasted.
If you are living the low carb lifestyle check out my Creamy Low Carb meatballs!
Roasted Cauliflower with Sweet Peppers
- Head of Cauliflower
- 10-15 sweet mini peppers -all colors
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- aprrox 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked sea salt
- approx 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a large baking sheet with parchement paper
- Cut away all the green leaves but leave the core intact from the cauliflower head and wash it and the mini peppers and dry well
- Slice the Cauliflower length wise in a 3/4-1 inch slices and place on parchement paper lined baking pan
- Slice the tops off the mini peppers then slice them length wise and deseed them , place deseeded mini peppers in a bowl in set aside
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice , parsley , salt and pepper in a small bowl
- Liberally brush the cauliflower with the olive oil mixture on both side
- Pour remaining olive oil mixture over peppers and toss
- Place the peppers on the baking sheet with the cauliflower
- Lightly salt and pepper the entire pan if desired
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes flipping everything over after 15 minutes
[…] Roasted Cauliflower with Sweet Mini Peppers – Baked Broiled And Basted. Simple and delicious recipe to […]