This super easy chocolate cream pie is a chocolate lovers dream and it comes together in minutes. This cool and creamy pie is so easy a toddler could make it plus it is the perfect dessert all year. I don’t know about you but we love pie and chocolate at my house so this is a pie I make often. Growing up my Dad wasn’t much on cakes but loved pies , so to say the least we had a ton of pies are my house. As an adult I love all desserts but pies still hold a special place in my heart. If you like this pie check out my Easy Banana Cream Pie .
What you will need to make Easy Chocolate Cream Pie :
- 9 inch pie crust cooked and cooled
- Instant chocolate pudding
- cold milk
- whipped topping
- chopped chocolate bar
- mixing bowl
- rubber spatula
Frequently asked questions :
- Can I use a graham cracker crust or chocolate crust ? Yes, this is another option for this pie.
- How long is this pie good? This pie is good covered and stored in the fridge for about 3 days
- Can I use whipped cream instead of the whipped topping ? Yes you can make your own whipped cream. About 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream should yield 3 cups of whipped topping,
In a mixing bowl add the pudding mix and milk. Then mix well until it is smooth.
Add half of the container of whipped topping to the pudding .
Mix until well incorporated.
Pour into a baked and cooled pie shell.
Top with the remaining whipped toping and sprinkle with a chopped chocolate bar. Chill for 1-2 hours .
If you like this recipe check out these :
Easy Chocolate Cream Pie
- 1 3.9 oz Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 1 1/4 cup Cold milk
- 8 oz whipped topping divided
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chocolate optional
- 1 9 inch pie crust baked and cooled
- In a mixing bowl add the pudding mix and milk
- Stir with a whisk until smooth
- Add half of the container of whipped topping
- Stir until the the whipped topping is completely combined
- Spread the filling into the pie crust
- Spread the rest of the whipped topping on top of the filling
- Sprinkle chopped chocolate on the pie. Chill for 1-2 hours before serving . Store this pie covered in the fridge.