This super easy chocolate cream pie is a chocolate lovers dream and it comes together in minutes. This cool and creamy pie is so easy a toddler could make it plus it is the perfect dessert all year. I don’t know about you but we love pie and chocolate at my house so this is a pie I make often. Growing up my Dad wasn’t much on cakes but loved pies , so to say the least we had a ton of pies are my house. As an adult I love all desserts but pies still hold a special place in my heart. If you like this pie check out my Easy Banana Cream Pie .
What you will need to make Easy Chocolate Cream Pie :
- 9 inch pie crust cooked and cooled
- Instant chocolate pudding
- cold milk
- whipped topping
- chopped chocolate bar
- mixing bowl
- rubber spatula
Frequently asked questions :
- Can I use a graham cracker crust or chocolate crust ? Yes, this is another option for this pie.
- How long is this pie good? This pie is good covered and stored in the fridge for about 3 days
- Can I use whipped cream instead of the whipped topping ? Yes you can make your own whipped cream. About 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream should yield 3 cups of whipped topping,
In a mixing bowl add the pudding mix and milk. Then mix well until it is smooth.
Add half of the container of whipped topping to the pudding .
Mix until well incorporated.
Pour into a baked and cooled pie shell.
Top with the remaining whipped toping and sprinkle with a chopped chocolate bar. Chill for 1-2 hours .
If you like this recipe check out these :
Easy Chocolate Cream Pie
This super easy chocolate cream pie is a chocolate lovers dream and it comes together in minutes. This cool and creamy pie is so easy a toddler could make it plus it is the perfect dessert all year.
- 1 3.9 oz Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 1 1/4 cup Cold milk
- 8 oz whipped topping (divided )
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chocolate (optional )
- 1 9 inch pie crust (baked and cooled)
In a mixing bowl add the pudding mix and milk
Stir with a whisk until smooth
Add half of the container of whipped topping
Stir until the the whipped topping is completely combined
Spread the filling into the pie crust
Spread the rest of the whipped topping on top of the filling
Sprinkle chopped chocolate on the pie. Chill for 1-2 hours before serving . Store this pie covered in the fridge.