Soft buttery and fluffy these bread machine dinner rolls are melt in your mouth good. These savory but slightly sweet rolls are the perfect compliment to any meal . In 2020 more people were staying at home and learning to bake. The bread machines made a comeback and the new and improved version is so nice , click HERE to see what I use. Even if you aren’t a seasoned baker this recipe is easy to follow and anyone can make these. The bread machine literally does all the hard work , it’s like magic. Once you learn to make a basic dough like this it can be turned into other recipes like garlic knots and cinnamon rolls .
What you will need to make Bread Machine Dinner Rolls:
- Bread Machine click HERE to see the kind I have
- Kitchen Thermometer-click HERE to see the one I have
- Measuring cups
- Baking Pan
- Active Yeast
- Warm Milk
- melted butter
- beaten egg
- all purpose flour
Frequently Asked Questions :
Do I have to use a bread machine?
This is great basic dinner roll recipe and can be made without a bread machine. It will be a little more labor intense but you will need to knead the dough 10-15 minutes . This can be done by hand or a stand up mixer. Then allow the dough to rise in a cover bowl.
Do I have to Proof the yeast?
I highly recommend this just to make sure the yeast is dissolved especially if you are not using a bread machine.
Can I use Rapid Rise Yeast?
I have accidently bought and used the rapid rise yeast and used it with no problems
I have yeast in a jar, how much do I use?
The Yeast packets are 2 1/4 Teaspoons
Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes you can. Once the rolls are formed on a pan cover them with plastic wrap and place them in the fridge. Take them out when you are ready to bake them
Do I have to check the temp of my warm milk?
Yes , this is a very important part of the process. If the milk is too hot it will kill the yeast .
Begin by proofing the yeast. This can be done by combing the sugar and yeast either in a bowl or bread well. Mix in the warm milk and let sit for 10 minutes
Add the beaten egg and melted butter to the proofed yeast mixture. The add the salt and flour.
My bread machine has the cycles written on the machine so this makes it super simple. Select the dough cycle and let the maker do its magic.
Once the dough cycle is done empty the dough onto a floured surface. Divide the dough in half and each half into 6 pieces , total of 12.
Roll each piece of dough into a ball and place on a buttered pan, careful not to over crowd. Cover and let rise for 15 minutes then bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes
Once the rolls are golden brown they can brushed with butter
These rolls are the perfect compliment to any meal
What can you spread on Hot Bread Machine Dinner Rolls:
** This post contains affiliate links which means I may make a small profit from products at no cost to you . Click HERE for full disclaimer
Bread Machine Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 packet active yeast-approximately 2 1/4 teaspoons
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg well beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- First read your manufactures recommendations on using your bread machine . Mine says wet to dry ingredients
- Warm your milk between 100-110 degrees *see notes
- In the well of the bread machine add the sugar , warm milk and yeast . Allow the yeast to dissolve for about 10 minutes.
- Add the melted butter and beaten egg
- Lastly add the salt and flour
- Close the lid and select the dough cycle *see notes
- Once the dough cycle is done empty the dough onto a floured surface
- Divide the dough in half and each half into 6 pieces , total 12
- Roll each piece of dough into a ball and place on a buttered pan, careful not to over crowd
- Cover with a towel and let rise for about 15 minutes *see notes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake for 20-25 minutes