I am here to tell you Brioche Bread makes the best french toast in the world, hands down!! This bread is rich, buttery and slightly sweet so making it into french toast is a win win. Even if you are not a fan of french toast I think this would convert you. This Brioche French french toast is my new lazy sunday morning brunch running a close second to my Banana Blueberry Waffles.
Brioche bread is naturaly sweet so after dipping it in the heavy cream custard the toast rich and delicious alone . Seriously , what fun is that?? Here are a few topping suggestions .
- Fresh fruit
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Mascarponne Whipped Cream
- Maple syrup
- Fruit syrups
- Powdered sugar
- Heated Nut Butters
While you can make your own Brioche bread it is pretty easy to find at supermarket bakeries. It sometimes isn’t sliced but I chose a presliced loaf. I am all about making life easy 😉
I find when making french toast dredging the bread in a pie plate makes life so much easier. Whip together the heavy cream, eggs , vanilla, sugar and cinnamon.
Dredge the bread in the cream mixture , coating all sides well.
Cook in butter over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
Serve with your favorite topping I love mine with Mascarponne Whipped Cream!!
Other Recipes you may enjoy:
Brioche French Toast
- Sliced Brioche Bread
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- butter for cooking
- Whip the cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla together in a shallow dish until blended well
- Heat skillet up on medium heat and melt butter
- Dip sliced brioche bread in the cream mixture coating both sides
- Place coated bread in the preheated skillet
- Flip bread after a few minutes , getting a nice golden brown on each side
- Serving suggestions..whipped cream, maple syrup, fresh fruit , powdered sugar